Update added by user Oct 22, 2011
The company has contacted me and provided a full refund for the service time that I was not able to use. They also updated their website to clarify their usage policy. Thus, I hereby retract my complaint for this company.
Original review posted by user Aug 16, 2011
AVOID IPHONETRIP.COM! I rented an "unlimited" SIM card from them for a 10-week trip overseas. I used their service in 13 countries and it did work fairly well, although some countries it was extremely slow and did not reach anywhere near the advertised speeds.
However, on about the eighth week of my trip, I received an email from iPhonetrip saying that my account would be shut down immediately because I had exceeded my "weekly data limit." They claimed that I had downloaded 8GB of data in one day! First of all, that is impossible with the slow speeds that I was experiencing. Second of all, my iPad showed that I had only used 4GB of data for the ENTIRE 8 WEEKS.
However, they would not listen to any of this and refused to re-enable my account.
Remember, on top of all of this, that the website said that I was renting an "unlimited SIM card" and made no mention of a weekly data limit.
At this point, my final month of service was just beginning, so I replied to iPhonetrip and asked them to cancel my account and refund the final month of service. However, they refused to give me a full refund and, after much haggling, finally agreed to give me a partial refund.
It is clear that this is a shady, dishonest company based overseas. I plan on avoiding their service at all costs and advise you to do the same.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Sim Card
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "hey everybody i am knew, we need to sue comcast am a member of the s.c.l.u. southern christian leadership conference , and i trying to get a class action suit..."
- "I am a nice woman. And the only thing I can this happens is some dirt bag, Middle Aged man- got offended that I didn't text him back!! As..."
- "I have been in the investment business for 20 years. I have followed the fraud in the for-profit education industry for 15 years. My new book, "Online Education..."
- "You go to Sketchers to buy work shoes because you been wearing the same Comfortable, yet worn out Payless $20 Work shoe for six months. And this time your gonna..."
- "It is my first time to buy clip in hair extensions in HAIRPLUSBASE Extensions. Honestly, the extensions are OK, if taking its price into consideration. Compared with the extensions I have,..."
- "Ich habe das Kleid genau in der Farbekombination wie die dargestellte Abbildung bei teamomode.com bestellt.. Ich finde es super, die Farbekombination ist klasse und die Qualität ist genial. Suuuuuper schön!..."
- "why is it that when i upgrade defences a few days later i have to upgrade again on same defence once i have maxed it for its town hall level..."
- "Short story; been with Geico 20+ years w/out a ticket or accident. Got a DUI, was told I had to increase my insurance coverage. Fine; I was wrong so I..."
- "5RB Solicitors of 5 Raymond Buildings in London are dishonest and tell lies to the High Court. Thus they should be avoided and are not fit to practice law. Deceiving the judiciary..."